Your grandmother had one, your mother might've, a simple tool that makes dough rolling easy! A pastry cloth keeps dough from sticking to your rolling surface. It will become smoother with each use, reminding you of the many pies it has helped you to make.
We currently stock 2 sizes, and are happy to make larger cloths for you.
The sizes listed are the approximate size you will have after the cloth shrinks in the initial wash. Cut sizes are larger.
Handmade from natural 12 oz. canvas, fully hemmed with a second line of stitching all the way around the edge and mitered corners to reduce bulk. These pastry cloths are tough enough for years of use.
How to use and care for your pastry cloth:
1. Hand wash or machine wash cold with no soap before first use. Hang or tumble dry low (No high heat dryer)
2. Rub flour into the cloth.
3. Roll your dough on top of the cloth.
4. When you are through, scrape any excess dough from the cloth.
5. Take your cloth outside and give it a few shakes to dislodge any remaining dough and flour.
6. Fold up and place in a zip bag and store in the freezer between uses.
7. You can hand or machine wash (no soap) and hang or tumble dry low as you see fit.